Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wind Generator - Partially Operational


We are happy to report that our generator is free to turn in the wind and produce electricity. It has passed the many inspections required by the County of El Paso and by MVEA. One final step remains to make it fully functional will occur one day this next week when the operations crew of MVEA will visit to replace the analog meter with the digital net meter which will allow us to receive credit for excess electricity we generate and go onto the MVEA grid. Will post again when that happens. But for now, I have revived an older laptop and installed the SkyView software that I can leave running 24/7 and log the activity. One day when I have too much time on my hands, I will figure out how to create a spreadsheet or database to analyze the results.

Happy Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment