Monday, August 31, 2009

CSU-Pueblo ThunderWolves - First game 2009-10

Less than 3 minutes into the third quarter with the Thunderwolves stomping the Eastern New Mexico State Greyhounds, a major lightening storm began and fans were told to evacuate the aluminum seating stands. I have to tell you about the evening after the lightening.

So this picture is the clock when all the human lightening rods had to leave the aluminum beachers. Barely into the 3rd quarter.

I sent Al and Sue to the car and I headed down to the band to see what I could do to help them get under cover. After a brief discussion that I could do nothing to help them, the rain and started big time. I started walking briskly to where I believed the car to be. But in the driving rain, frantic people, etc. there was no way I knew where the car was on the campus as I trecked to the west across the campus. I saw the banner of the School of Business and thought I might be able to get a bit of cover on the front steps to dare to pull out my Blackberry Bold into the we from the holster to call Al.

Al and Sue headed toward me and we met up and I got into the front passenger seat of the SUV. I was SOAKED! YIKES! We got back to their house and I changed into dry clothes and sat, had a couple of beers and tried to stop shivering. Finally I did.

http://community.webshots.com/album/574419428gNtCfm

Sue thought we should stay another night but we were determined to get home because we had taken advantage of our good friend doing the chores too long. We arrived home around midnight.

I woke up Sunday SO fluish. And I am still not over it on Monday night. OMG, have I connected with H1N1 through this weekend of activity? I think that if I am not feeling significantly better tomorrow afternoon I wil be getting tested.

Hope all are well.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment